Instagram - Software Engineer, iOS (Live Video)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram Live has quickly become the largest real-time streaming platform in the world. As a Software Engineer on Live Video, you will help make Instagram the best place for people to connect more deeply with their friends or followers through shared, real-time experiences. We seek iOS Engineers that are passionate about delivering great user experiences, by both optimizing stability and performance of existing functionality, as well as delivering brand new user-facing features and capabilities to the Live experience.
- Help conceptualize, architect and implement new user-facing product features for Instagram Live.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve performance and reliability (e.g. reducing crashes, latency improving accessibility) of existing Live Video product infrastructure.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from PMs, designers and other engineers.
- Provide iOS technical mentorship and guidance to team members and peers.
- 4+ years experience building iOS applications
- 2+ years of experience working on consumer products
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience in product infrastructure improvements (such as performance, reliability, stability, modularization efforts)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top