Instagram, Software Engineer, iOS (Interactivity)
Over a billion people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram Live has quickly become the largest real-time streaming platform in the world. As a Software Engineer on Live Video, you will help make Instagram the best place for people to connect more deeply with their friends or followers through shared, real-time experiences. We seek iOS Engineers that are passionate about delivering great user experiences, by both optimizing stability and performance of existing functionality, as well as delivering brand new user-facing features and capabilities to the Live experience.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build product features for Instagram Live
- Implement custom, native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- 2+ years experience building iOS applications
- Experience with code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience building consumer products
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top