Instagram - Software Engineer, Infrastructure Menlo Park
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Our mission at Instagram is to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. With a rapidly growing user base of over 600 million users globally, Instagram remains one of the top apps making impact on the world. As a Software Engineer at Instagram, you will be building technology to help bring our world closer together. We are looking for talented and creative engineers passionate about product and visual communication. If you are excited about massive scale, quality, design, and craftsmanship, come join us in our Menlo Park, CA.
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily Python, C/C++, Java and Hack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- 6+ years coding experience in C, C++, Java and/or C#
- 2+ years coding experience in Perl, PHP, Hack or Python
- 2+ years experience building large-scale server applications
- B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, programming language design, compilers
Back to top