Instagram - Software Engineer, Graphics
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 700 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The Instagram camera team works on making one of the most widely used cameras in the world more immersive, more real-time, better at storytelling, and an extension of our community's imagination. The camera team is at the center of the Stories, Live, and Direct products. We're exploring augmented reality, face filters, environmental effects, cinematography and gaming to build a fun and entertaining camera.
- Design, develop and maintain high quality interactive rendering effects
- Research, analyze competition, prototype and implement rendering techniques to advance our products
- Profiling and optimization of CPU and GPU
- Having a mindset for performance, memory, and concurrency
- Taking a data-driven approach to technical solutions
- Collaborate and support engineers, designers and artists to create high quality visual experiences with efficient production workflows
- Document technology recommendations and implementation details
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in interactive computer graphics related roles, using C/C++
- Knowledgeable in the application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Knowledgeable in shader development, debugging and profiling (e.g. GLSL, HLSL, Cg)
- GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills
- Experience with modern graphics APIs (e.g. OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, Vulkan)
- Solid understanding of GPU architectures, and multi-platform development experience (e.g. PC, mobile, game consoles).
- 3+ years experience with Objective C and/or Java
- Low-level knowledge and experience (e.g. assembly, SIMD)
- Experience working with 3D rendering engines (e.g. Unity 3D, Unreal Engine, CryEngine)
- Experience with 2D image editing tools (Photoshop) and 3D modeling / animation tools (Maya, 3D Studio, Blender)
- Able to dive into complex systems and get results quickly
- Self-motivated, good communicator and a team player
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top