Instagram - Software Engineer, Android (Stories)
(San Francisco, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
We have over 800 million active accounts on Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram Stories team gives people a fun, creative and low-pressure way to share their moments throughout each day to strengthen relationships with friends and followers. The team partners closely with product, design, and data to continue to innovate and inspire people to produce more. Our focus areas for the team include creative tools, audience comfort, feedback and interactivity.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build and maintain features for the Stories Product.
- Build reusable Android Software components to support the stories format through Instagram.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as design and data to improve the Stories experience.
- Knowledge of object-oriented software development
- Experience of building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- Mobile application development experience at the user interface and system levels
- Experience understanding and debugging large code bases
- Experience designing and maintaining APIs
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience with Android performance tools and optimization techniques
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in software development experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top