Instagram - Software Engineer, Android (Profile)
(San Francisco, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
We have over 800 million active accounts on Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The Instagram Profile team is a nimble group that helps people establish their visual identity on Instagram. Most recently we shipped Stories Archive and Highlights, which allow you to permanently save all of your stories for yourself and feature your favorite memories on your profile. We're exploring ways to make your Instagram Profile more immersive & fun; and strengthen relationships with your friends and family over social memories in Archive.
The position is full-time and based in our San Francisco, CA office.
- Building features for Instagram Profile in Java
- Independently tech lead groups of engineers through developing features as part of this you will also be working closely with product managers and designers
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science with 5+ years in software development experience
- Demonstrated experience shipping Android applications of scale where you worked on challenging components
- Experience and knowledge with Architecture
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience leading groups of engineers
- A strong sense for good code quality and architecture, you will be expected to pro-actively better the code-base and contribute technical ideas to the team
- A strong mentor to Android engineers, your peers are expected to grow from your presence on the team
- A strong appreciation for the creative process that comes with developing original product
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top