Instagram - Software Engineer, Android (Media Solutions)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The Instagram Media Solutions team works on building the tools and monetization products for Media Producers to be successful on Instagram.
Media Producers are the most influential and engaging people on Instagram. They are the accounts you follow on Instagram to be informed, inspired, and entertained by the content they create (think: celebrities, creators, influencers). Despite only making up a super tiny percentage of Instagram's MAP, media producers drive the majority of IG impressions! People love the content they make and we are the team that builds the tools and monetization products to help them succeed.
Instagram is the place that creators and celebrities go to today to be their authentic selves, and we are the team within the company that is focused on making their experience even more awesome on the platform. Our mission is to empower media producers to drive value within our community -- this means making Instagram the place for people to feel connected to their favorite creators, and for media producers to see Instagram as the one-stop shop with their strongest community.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build and maintain tools and monetization products for Instagram.
- Leverage our data analytics tools and user/product research to set the direction and goals for the team, and create multi-month roadmap considering project impact, product quality, and engineering efficiency.
- Provide Android technical mentorship and guidance to team members, and influence team to strive for better engineering and product quality.
- Build highly polished user facing products.
- Knowledge of object-oriented software development
- Experience building user-facing apps on Android using Java
- Experience designing and maintaining APIs
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 3+ years in software development experience
- Mobile application development experience at the user interface and system levels
- Experience debugging large code bases
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience with Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Problem solving, critical thinking and communication experience
Back to top