Instagram - Software Engineer, Android (Live Infrastructure)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram Live has quickly become the largest real-time streaming platform in the world. The Live team has also launched Video Chat in May 2018. As a Software Engineer on the Live team, you will help make Instagram the best place for people to connect more deeply with their friends or followers through shared, real-time experiences. We seek Android Engineers that are passionate about delivering high-quality interactive experiences, by both using state-of-the-art technology to enable brand-new functionality, as well as by improving the quality and performance of existing solutions.
The position is full-time and based in our San Francisco, CA office.
- Help conceptualize, architect and implement new functionalities to enable new features on Instagram Live and Video Chat.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve performance and reliability (e.g. reducing crashes, errors and latency, improving video quality) of existing streaming video infrastructure.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineers within and outside the team.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to team members and peers on Android.
- 2+ years experience building Android applications
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience in mobile infrastructure improvements (such as performance, reliability, stability, modularization efforts)
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
Back to top