Instagram - Software Engineer, Android (Camera)
(San Francisco, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
We have over 800 million active accounts on Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Mobile cameras have become a creative canvas through which we share our life in unique and creative ways. We are seeking full-time Android Engineers to join the Camera team. In this role, you will specialize in building performant camera and AR features, as well as creative tools that power the most popular camera products in the world. You will get an opportunity to bring world-class technologies to hundreds of millions of people.
- Build client-side creative tools, effects and mobile infrastructure for camera products in Java
- Debug camera issues across Java and C++
- Improve camera performance and efficiency
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 3+ years in software development experience
- 2+ years experience building user-facing features and Android applications
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques
- Familiarity with Android camera APIs and media processing
- Familiarity with memory management specific to mobile devices
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top