Instagram - Software Engineer, Android (Camera)
(San Francisco, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
We have over 800 million active accounts on Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The Instagram camera team works on making one of the most widely used cameras in the world more immersive, more real-time, better at storytelling, and an extension of our community's imagination. The camera team is at the center of the Stories, Live, and Direct products. We're exploring augmented reality, face filters, environmental effects, cinematography and gaming to build a fun and entertaining camera, as well as building a performant framework to power our camera.
Mobile cameras have become a creative canvas through which we share our life in unique and creative ways. We are seeking full-time Android Engineers to join the Camera team. As an Instagram Camera Software Engineer, you will specialize in building performant camera and AR frameworks, as well as creative tools that power the most popular camera products in the world. We are looking for someone that has experience developing Android frameworks, and has experience with camera APIs, media processing and graphics. You will get an opportunity to bring world-class technologies to hundreds of millions of people.
The position is full-time and based in our San Francisco, CA office.
- Build client-side mobile infrastructure for camera products in Java and C++
- Architect efficient and modular abstractions that drive cutting-edge camera features
- Debug camera issues across Java and C++
- Improve camera performance and efficiency across all camera products
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in software development experience
- 3+ years experience building Android applications
- 2+ years experience building Android frameworks in Java using Android SDK or NDK
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Experience with Android NDK and/or C++
- Experience with Android camera APIs and media processing
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Knowledge with the following technologies:
- Knowledge with OpenGL ES
- Knowledge with computer vision algorithms
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top