Instagram Software Engineer, Android
(New York, NY)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
We have over 800 million active accounts on Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
We are looking for someone that has strong experience developing user interfaces for applications on Android using Android SDK. If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Instagram experience for the Android platform
- Prototype new and redesign features
- A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in software development experience
- 2+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 2+ years building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- 2+ years mobile application development experience (Android, J2ME or Blackberry)
- Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Experience with Java language and related frameworks
- Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience with caching mechanisms
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top