Instagram Project Manager - Community Operations
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Community Operations (CO) is focused on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, CO is for you. The Instagram Operations team is a small and global team spread across multiple offices, working hand in hand with Facebook teams. The team focuses on improving the support experience for our Instagram community when they need help, while decreasing the potential for negative experiences in the first place. Our team is strategically important for Instagram to support and improve the usage experience for our rapidly growing community across the world, and requires talent that can add thought leadership in this area. The CO Instagram Operations Specialist will play a key role in structuring our many projects within key programs, helping Instagram to work closely with our cross-functional counterparts, communicate effectively, and work towards shared goals so that we can scale our community support fast and efficiently while creating a world-class support experience for our community.
- Structure, organize, manage, and mentor overlapping projects within 2 programs (improving support experience, and driving down negative engagement)
- Build scalable infrastructure: Partner with internal/external cross-functional partners to invest in critical areas such as tools/systems, process re-engineering, reporting, staffing forecasting and volume automation to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our community support
- Manage migration, support expansion, and improvement projects: work closely with cross-functional partners and key operations teams, e.g. Market teams, SMEs (subject matter experts), Planning experts, Workforce Management, Quality, Training, Engineering, Growth, Policy, Communications, etc., to achieve our overall team aims
- Plan execution of projects, ensure the right people are involved in or leading each project, and regularly report on project/goal status
- Enable Instagram teams to convert signals and insights delivered by partners into improved policies, product, process and support system solutions
- Develop solutions based on own initiative and experience, as well as mentoring/collaborating on projects initiated by others
- Min. 3+ years operations experience in global environment with deep expertise in process and change management
- previous experience in leading operations teams is of benefit
- Min. 3+ years program and project management experience and qualifications
- Proven track record of delivering portfolio of projects of significant scope, working with cross-functional partners on time, on budget to superior standards
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Technical and data skills are a benefit
- Role may require some international travel
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top