Instagram Product Design Manager - Ads Solutions (Menlo Park)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The Instagram Ads team is looking for a new design leader who will responsible for monetizing new surfaces on Instagram and creating the necessary placements, interaction patterns, and â€set upâ€ experiences required for success. The ideal leader for this role will have a strong understanding of how Ads and monetization knowledge can drive the overall success of business, i.e. Instagram. As a leader on the team, you must have strong mentoring and communication skills. The role combines growing and managing a team. Candidates must have strong visual and interaction skills and the ability to help shape product strategy. Candidates that have experience building their own designs are preferable.
- Manage and develop a team of designers (currently 5, growing to 7) that requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, user research and communication design to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Collaborate with teams in other offices.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience in a people management role on a Design team.
- Minimum 5 years of design experience.
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development for digital applications that work in cross browser environments.
- Experience leading product strategy.
- Experience communicating data to drive change.
Back to top