Instagram Optimization Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Over 500 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to help capture and share the world’s moments. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Optimization Analysts are highly quantitative, driven, and creative people who analyze and drive improvements in Facebook’s advertising business. The Auction & Delivery team works closely with Product and Engineering in order to understand Facebook’s complex ad ecosystem and share insights that will influence product development. This role will be focused on understanding Facebook’s growingly complex ad ecosystem (Instagram, Audience Network and LiveRail), modeling the interactions between products and informing strategic decisions. Facebook has the opportunity to reshape advertising and this cross-functional team will play a central role in determining how successful we can be. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook, interested in advertising, intellectually curious, a strong communicator, and able to move fast while keeping focused on high impact projects. This is a full-time position and is located in Menlo Park.
- Work cross functionally with ad product teams on monetization opportunities and insights
- Make recommendations and help guide product decisions based on marketplace analyses and deep understanding of inter-product dynamics and long-term strategy
- Evaluate and define metrics that inform system level decisions rather than individual product goals
- Present polished findings and drive strategic recommendations directly with the product leadership and cross functional teams
- Lead projects to improve technical and quantitative understanding of the ads business throughout the company
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics, or Finance). Master’s degree preferred
- 4+ years post-collegiate work experience in a quantitative field
- Prior experience with online advertising strongly preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with experience providing practical business insights from large, complex data sets
- Strong cross functional and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Strong SQL skills, Excel skills, and data analysis skills, :R, Python or other programming experience preferred
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top