Instagram - Manager, Software Engineering
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is a treasure trove of authentic, creative and inspiring content â€" every day over 72 million photos are shared by over 172 million people all over the world. These are the worldâ€™s most memorable moments expressed by our 500 million strong community of storytellers. The ideal candidate brings an unwavering passion for Instagram and managing the dynamics of a fast-paced and creative environment.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership over the community engineering team
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management
- Prior experience in one of the following C++, Java, and/or Python
- Demonstrated domain experience in spam detection, pattern recognition, authentication systems and data analytics
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years relevant work)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top