Instagram Community Content Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 700 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram's Community team is responsible for discovering and elevating distinctive voices from our 700 million+ active users. We produce features for Instagram's editorial accounts, map global community interests, and inspire and support events such as InstaMeets all over the world.The Community Content Manager will work with the Community Content, Programs and Lab teams to coordinate content strategy planning and workflows for @instagram English and regional accounts, and company accounts on Twitter and Facebook. She or he will write and edit stories about remarkable members of the community — individuals who are using Instagram in noteworthy ways that inspire creativity — and support Community's Head of Production and Operations in managing the team project calendar, approval process, and assignments. They will also coordinate goal setting and budgets in collaboration with Community project producers, and will serve as a key cross-functional liaison, to ensure that projects are holistic and effective in supporting objectives across Product, Marketing, Partnerships, Policy, and Communication.
- Collaborate with the Community Content, Programs and Lab teams to coordinate and evolve editorial strategy and workflows for @instagram accounts, and company social media accounts on Facebook and other platforms.
- Work with creatives and producers to capture post-reporting and to recommend data-driven refinements to content strategy.
- Support the Head of Production, especially in facilitating cross-functional special projects, quarterly planning, and resource management.
- Assign and edit short-form features on deadline, while upholding credibility and tone.
- Maintain and grow a stable of trusted freelance writers.
- Craft irresistible display copy.
- 5+ years experience as a writer and editor, with the majority of that time in digital and social media.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing short-form stories to complement visual content as well as promotional copy, including HEDS and DEKS.
- Experience with developing data-driven content strategy.
- Operational experience as a team project manager or coordinator.
- Experience working in a high growth environment with goals.
- Attention to detail.
- An understanding for online community building.
- A sense of humor
- Passion and enthusiasm for Instagram
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top