Instagram Business Operations Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a highly quantitative, driven, and creative manager to lead Business Operations for Instagram within the Global Ads Business Operations Team. This position will focus on forecasting and analyzing Instagram's revenue for the advertising business while partnering across Finance and Instagram business leadership. The role is highly cross-functional and partner facing, involving coordination across a number of groups within Facebook and Instagram. This role will challenge the candidate to both understand and contribute to many facets of a rapidly growing business, including revenue forecasting, analytics, and strategic decision support. Responsibilities will revolve around driving revenue planning, developing actionable insights for the business, and influencing decision makers to enable revenue growth. This team's focus on analysis and data-driven decision-making allows us to work effectively with our colleagues in the rest of the business in order to optimize long-term financial growth. Successful candidates will have a deep understanding of the internet/tech and media ecosystem, exceptional analytical skills, bias toward action, exceptional partnering and communication skills, and the know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. The position is located in Menlo Park, CA and is full-time.
- Assess market opportunities, analyze current business performance and build statistical models to extrapolate current and historical trends into forward-looking forecasts
- Monitor forecasts and benchmark performance internally and externally while understanding the sources of deviation
- Identify and track financial KPI's
- Own end-to-end partnership with a broad array of business leads and drive initiatives at the business leadership level.
- Provide deep analytic support and business context to identify and drive critical growth initiatives
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional projects
- Conduct revenue analysis to identify trends and factors of growth
- Present outcomes at reviews with business leaders across Instagram/Facebook
- Maintain/create core infrastructure and models while proactively surfacing opportunities
- Influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to the rest of the team and company leaders
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in business strategy, finance, analytics or planning
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to synthesize strategic insights and problem-solve individually or in a group setting, as well as understanding key financial drivers of the business.
- Able to shift priorities quickly while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Experienced in strategy consulting or investment banking with a focus on technology or media.
- Professional experience using SQL.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top