Innovation Architect, Learning & Development
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a creative Innovation Architect to join our Learning & Development team. The Learning & Development team supports the personal development of teams all across Facebook. In this position you will partner with various cross-functional teams and external vendors to experiment with and to design innovative, next-generation training solutions including, but not limited to virtual reality modules, machine learning application, augmented reality, bots and gamification. You will be hands-on in the management of every facet of the production process from establishing vision and strategy to briefing, establishing timelines, cost management, sourcing production partners, talent procurement to shipping the final work. You'll combine your production super powers, strong business acumen, creativity and growing understanding of Facebook's platform to build ideas that set the bar. You'll be a strategic thinker and thought leader who is willing to experiment and disrupt industry norms around how training is conducted and how audiences engage with content. You need to be able to manage a global team of producers and engineers in the field producing multiple jobs at any given moment. You also need to have to skills to produce a job on your own from soup to nuts; from brief to production. To be a good fit, you'll have: passion and expertise in digital content and execution, a keen eye for creative detail and penchant for buttoned-up and brilliant production no matter the budget of the production. You also have a fluency in cutting-edge techniques and a broad base of stellar content creators. You have a track record of building beautiful and engaging content that both clients and real people love. You're entrepreneurial in spirit, ready to roll up the sleeves and dig into the complexities of any project.Once here you will work with a highly motivated, optimistic team. You'll be challenged to push the edges of your budgets and creative potential, learn how to work in a 12-year old start-up environment with a bunch of incredibly talented and committed folks who love what they do. This reports to the Learning Innovation & Design Lead and is based in Menlo Park, CA
- Take business problems and propose creative solutions through multimedia and the application of innovative learning technologies.
- Work with various vendors and partners to produce innovative video content including 360 and VR content.
- Work with cross-functional teams and engineers to scope, experiment with, design and build new learning technology including bots and machine learning solutions.
- 5+ years of professional experience in multimedia production ranging from live action, to animation, to 360.
- Experience with virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Experience developing strategies including content and production plans for new, never before done technical solutions
- Experience in developing interactive content or gamification
- Ability to demonstrate needs analysis, project management, content development, and evaluation skills.
- Experience using standard publishing tools (Office and Adobe products)
- Working knowledge of LMS capabilities and SCORM requirements.
- Understanding of adult learning principles in the content development process
- Ability to conceptually and intuitively understand how people best absorb content.
- Know how to connect with an audience at an emotional level.
- Brainstorm creative treatments and innovative multimedia content.
- Visualize abstract ideas, create mock-ups, and facilitate production of content.
- Write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts and video scripts.
- Meld minds with subject matter experts and team members.
- Know the capabilities of LEARN and various development tools and software.
- Experience with video production including scriptwriting, production, casting and post production/editing.
- Understand related fields – usability and experience design, information design, communications and new technologies.
- Proven skills as a team player, who also works well independently
- Strong project management skills, combined with creative energy to bring fresh ideas into product training and delivery campaigns
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top