- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a technologist to join our Infrastructure team. The role involves evaluating, developing and driving next generation technologies within Facebook. The role requires working with hardware and software teams within the company and external partners. This person will be responsible to develop and drive adoption of new technologies. Expertise would include compute, memory, storage, AI and infra-prod areas. Good understanding of the AI hardware space would be excellent.
- The candidate will be expected to understand scale out architecture and be responsible for performance analysis and setting performance expectations for new storage, memory, and network systems we develop and deploy at Facebook.
- The candidate will need to work closely with our application teams to understand requirements and direct the hardware teams at Facebook to develop future systems.
- This candidate will be responsible to influence our partners in the industry on storage, memory, and network components.
- This candidate will be responsible to work closely with our various cross-functional teams, drive industry hardware, and drive standardization efforts.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other technical field.
- 12 or more years experience developing and driving adoption of new compute, memory, & storage technologies.
- Experience designing hardware for upcoming AI applications.
- Experience in current, future, and emerging memory technologies.
- Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other technical field.
- Experience with distributed workloads and complex interconnect topologies.
- Experience in developing storage software stacks and storage hardware systems.
- Experience in performance analysis of warehouse scale systems: storage and network.
- Experience with NICs and switch ASICs.
Back to top