(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a technologist to join our Infrastructure team. The role involves evaluating, developing and driving next generation technologies within Facebook. The role requires working with hardware and software teams within the company and external partners. This person will be responsible to develop and drive adoption of new technologies. Expertise would include compute, storage, AI and infra-prod areas. Good understanding of the AI hardware space would be excellent. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park office.
- The candidate will be expected to understand scale out architecture and be responsible for performance analysis and setting performance expectations for new storage and network systems we develop and deploy at Facebook
- The candidate will need to work closely with our application teams to understand requirements and direct the hardware teams at Facebook to develop future systems.
- This candidate will be responsible to influence our partners in the industry on storage and network components
- This candidate will be responsible to work closely with our AI application teams and drive industry hardware.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other technical field.
- At least 12 years experience developing and driving adoption of new compute & storage technologies
- Experience in designing hardware for upcoming AI applications.
- Experience in NIC and switch ASIC
- MS degree
- Knowledge of future memory technologies
- Experience with distributed workloads
- Experience with development of storage software stacks.
- Performance analysis of warehouse scale systems: storage and network
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top