Infrastructure Systems Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking talented engineers who are passionate about operations and making services better through troubleshooting, monitoring, automation, solid execution and superior process. Exceptional engineers with expertise in storage, virtualization, messaging, open source technologies, and back office foundational infrastructure are being sought. Individuals will join a team of talented passionate engineers engaged in supporting mission critical business and engineering infrastructure. Success will require the ability to collaborate on creative solutions which anticipate and deliver to the needs of our employees. Challenges include rapid scaling, automating solutions, monitoring critical services, and developing innovative approaches which eliminate service friction while improving productivity for all FB employees.
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented FB engineers chartered with building, scaling, deploying and maintaining the global IT infrastructure
- Drive scalable, highly available and performant service deployments for core IT functions such as Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix, PKI, and load balancing.
- Plan and execute large-scale global disaster recovery exercises while working closely with the production and business teams at Facebook.
- Understands metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Manage new technology evaluations, priorities and decisions in alignment with business requirements IT roadmaps.
- Drive priorities and schedules based on impact level and business requirements to drive to the right decisions.
- Foster and maintain cross functional relationships with both technical and non-technical organizations with a focus on data driven decision making.
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively.
- Bachelor’s level required with a technical degree or equivalent experience
- 10 + years of experience in core infrastructure technologies, including DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Active Directory, public key infrastructure, and authentication protocols.
- 5 + years of scripting experience
- 5 + years of experience working with remote access and authorization technologies including VPN technologies such as Microsoft Direct Access and OpenVPN, etc. and RADIUS.
- 5+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, load balancers.
- 5 + years of experience managing geographically dispersed infrastructure and DR environments.
- 3 + years of experience in configuration management (Chef, Puppet, SCCM).
- Experience on server hardware and sizing, hypervisor technologies, and cross-platform integrations (i.e. heterogeneous operating system support).
- Experience in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges.
- Experience in PowerShell or Python
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top