Infrastructure Materials Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Materials Manager to support service of physical infrastructure. The team is responsible for logistics support and material planning for various technical teams that operate physical infrastructure. The Infrastructure Materials Manager would engage various internal customers, plan material inventory, coordinate execution activities, enable automated processes by ensuring the necessary inputs and initial setup. This position is for operations professional who can operate complex programs, maintain engagement with multiple stakeholders, envision the future systems & processes, and lead cross-functional efforts to support ever changing and growing customer needs.
- Engage with internal customers and gain understanding of their current and future needs.
- Shape the customer-facing vision of the team and roadmap internal activities in support of the vision.
- Plan material for consumption at globally distributed locations.
- Consolidate or generate material forecast based on data and cross-functional inputs.
- Understand the underlying factors behind material demand through data analysis and cross-functional collaboration. Sense changes to demand and adjust proactively.
- Formalize and standardize data analysis & coordination across IBOS, which includes, planning, finance & transportation, to mitigate and manage risk.
- Identify gaps, troubleshoot, and provide inputs for future system development.
- Supports Materials Management team in determining optimal supply chain execution for all products by providing analyses based on demand, failure rates, decommissions, EOL/LTB, cost, etc.
- Create materials management focused executive dashboards and KPI metrics for operations all hands meetings (Tier I and Tier II metrics). Determine optimal supply chain execution thru detailed analyses.
- Collaborate with adjacent teams on sourcing, quality, and production issues.
- Work with vendors, manufacturers, and sourcing teams on tactical and strategic items.
- Shape service models for deployed equipment. Collaborate on service and support contracts.
- BS degree in engineering, science, or business, or related work experience.
- 5+ years of logistics experience.
- Subject matter experience in inventory planning, supply chain, NPI and service operations.
- Experience in program management, problem solving, analysis, vendor management.
- Communication, problem solving, and interpersonal experience.
- Experience in Excel and data analysis.
- Experience in process mapping, gap analysis, and requirement elicitation.
- Experience in cross-functional projects across multiple teams.
- Knowledge with Supply Chain and Inventory management models.
- Knowledge in Supply Chain planning tools.
- Graduate degree in management, operations or supply chain.
- 5+ years of Excel, VBA, SQL, Tableau, financial analysis, quantitative modeling or related experience.
- In-depth understanding of systems and tools.
Back to top