Infrastructure Construction Management Loss Prevention Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a seasoned professional to join our Infrastructure Construction Management team as a Construction Loss Prevention Manager. The Construction Loss Prevention Manager must be experienced in providing guidance on complex construction activities related to safety, insurance, regulatory agency compliance and risk management.
The Infrastructure Construction Management team builds the data centers that are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the “right” way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Architecting, constructing, operating and continually innovating the telecommunications and structured cabling infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost effective online service in the world!
The successful candidate will service multiple projects on an on-going basis and provide loss prevention management oversight to the internal and external teams building our projects. This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park offices. However, the project locations will be spread across the United States and the world. Managing stakeholders located across all regions and time zones is a significant challenge and is key to the success of our projects.
- Creation, development and implementation of a Construction Loss Prevention Program to enhance our safety and risk management program for related to our on-going build program.
- Coordinate and provide direction, training and mentoring to on site construction teams and internal Facebook stakeholders.
- Perform risk assessments on new construction and retrofit projects including generation of safe work execution plans.
- Collaborate with our General Contractors to monitor the safety programs on projects sites.
- Facilitate incident investigation, root cause analysis and reporting for corrective actions.
- Work in conjunction with our corporate risk manager to ensure the construction insurance programs reflect the appropriate risk tolerance level for the company
- Coordination of FM Global review and site visits to ensure consistency across that program.
- Ensure internal processes are followed and align expectations early on delivery timelines.
- In conjunction with Construction Management and other Regional Management teams, develop robust safety processes and standards to enable efficiency and effectiveness along with leading effective cross-functional communications.
- Work in conjunction with the team’s Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to understand the safety and quality control impacts of new designs, materials and construction methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, or equivalent technical degree and/or minimum of ten (10) years professional experience in project planning, scheduling and construction management.
- Experience working with domestic and international building codes and health & safety regulations.
- Demonstrated success in implementation of Environmental Health & Safety enhancement programs.
- Proven ability to create plans to improve and adapt safety/quality control goals to production goals.
- Must hold sufficient industry knowledge to understand the design and deployment of technical electrical and mechanical systems as related to the Construction Loss Prevention role.
- Strong understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast-track design-build process and associated documents and contracts.
- Familiar with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements.
- Familiar with retrofit projects in live mission-critical environments or occupied spaces.
- Must have good communication/reporting skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Considerable domestic and international travel required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top