Infrastructure Construction Management Cost Controls Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
In this role you will work closely with our internal construction teams and various departments, including Data Center Analytics, Procurement and Finance to support all aspects of project cost management and financial forecasting for Facebook’s Data Center Construction team. Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills are a must in this highly collaborative role. The ideal candidate will have at least nine years of experience managing and analyzing costs in large scale new and retrofit-based commercial construction programs. This is a full-time role based in our Menlo Park headquarters and includes quarterly travel to our global data center locations.
- Manage a team of 3-5 construction cost and estimating analysts responsible for assembling and reporting upon monthly capital costs (budget vs. actual) for global data center projects totaling over $500M/yr
- Create strong business partnerships with senior leaders, business analysts and sourcing managers within our Data Center Infrastructure organization
- Help senior leadership, internal construction team and business partners gain key insights into construction/retrofit costs and efficiencies
- Develop analyses to support decision making within the data center site selection and retrofit programs
- Support long range planning, annual budgeting and forecasting processes by collaborating with senior leaders within Data Center Construction as well as other cross-functional teams
- Champion the use of our software used to manage project-based capital expenditures (eBuilder and internally developed programs) and initiate process improvements to enhance current tools/systems
- Help streamline and implement scalable cost reporting processes related to month-end close and transaction level activities
- Collaborate with Data Center Analytics, Finance and Procurement to develop guidance, efficient process and workflow for new business initiatives
- Define and track key infrastructure performance metrics in partnership with the business partners
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or equivalent. MBA or technical degree related to construction is a plus
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills and experience in financial decision support required
- 9+ years financial analysis experience from a leading construction company or public accounting, consulting or Fortune 500 firm focused in the construction sector
- Previous staff management experience with at least 3 direct reports
- Familiar with commercial construction industry terms and procedures
- Working knowledge of current construction cost management software is strongly desired
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top