Infrastructure Connectivity Program Manager Network Performance & Data Analytics
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Attempting to connect the world requires an alternative approach to planning, building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Facebook is a founding member of the Telecom Infra Project (www.telecominfraproject.com), an engineering focused foundation driven by operators, infrastructure providers, technology companies and system integrators, working to bring to design and deploy simple and disaggregated telecom infrastructure solutions. Facebook also collaborates directly with operators in identifying and addressing infrastructure bottlenecks through the use of Big Data and Analytics tools. A key part of these engagements requires leveraging Facebook and partner network data to understand performance of existing networks and end-user application performance. If you have a passion working with vast amounts of data to understand network performance and recommending cutting edge technology and infrastructure investments that will enable or improve internet delivery to the unconnected, and significantly scale current networks – then this is a great role for you. As an ICP Manager for network performance and data analytics, you will be working with our data science, engineering teams and partner mobile operators to understand performance of existing networks, areas of gaps and how to address bottlenecks with investment in technology to boost coverage and capacity. You will leverage Facebook and partner network data and tools to delve into network metrics, understand their impact on end-user experience and devise strategies that will markedly drive growth in connectivity and improve user experience. This position is full time, based in London but with heavy focus on emerging markets operators, especially SSA.
- Engage with operators and infrastructure partners using data analytics, metrics and tools to help them transform their networks and businesses.
- Work with vast amount of network data to isolate factors and trends that affect network quality, and articulate relative performance of operator's network.
- Develop a strategy to leverage internal and external network metrics and data to drive infrastructure investment decisions by partner operators.
- Engage partner operators to understand network performance and coverage metrics and conduct analyses to identify gaps and areas of under performance (in absolute and relative terms), and recommend actions (investment / upgrades).
- Use network performance and coverage data to conduct gap analysis and ultimately recommend infrastructure expansion such as fiber routes and mobile backhaul to connect telecom towers and POPs, ultimately bringing people to the internet.
- Work with the Facebook data science team to develop next generation network planning and KPIs tools that leverage internal data pipelines and external network metrics.
- Leverage network metrics to identify areas of investment (where to put sites / coverage), measuring results and scaling programs to drive growth.
- Use network, demographic (population density, income levels, etc.) to help planning network deployment and expansion of coverage.
- Work with the measurement team to set up goal, metrics and track program impact.
- Assemble presentation materials and other written technical documentation in support of cross-functional communications with Facebook as well as with our external partners.
- Leverage visualization and mapping tools such as Tableau, Excel and other data analytics tools to conduct analysis, produce charts / graphs and support partner / internal engagements.
- Support the direction and expansion of the team, helping to scope future roles as the charter of the team grows.Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Gym Benefits
- Transport benefits
- Laundry Benefit Posted: March - 31Closing date: April - 30
- Previous experience (6+ years) working in network analytics, monitoring, data analytics for a mobile operator or equipment vendor deploying or operating wireless networks (2G/3G/4G-LTE).
- Previous experience working as data strategist or with big data analytics tools, and conducting large scale analysis.
- Understanding of telecom infrastructure network principles, coverage and capacity requirements coupled with expertise in network performance measurements, monitoring.
- Ability to understand mobile network operator requirements and identify alternate approaches to more efficiently plan networks using multiple data sources, advanced analytics.
- Ability to engage externally with operators, especially those in Sub-Saharan Africa, to communicate insights/implications, bring back external learnings to internal teams.
- Understanding of network metrics, measurements and performance data, among them:
- Coverage requirement and estimates for 2G, 3G, 4G and impact on spectrum and bands on coverage range and capacity.
- Performance metrics such as latency, jitter and throughput calculations.
- Experience with vendor measurement tools and metrics.
- Ability to understand mobile network operator requirements and identify alternate approaches to more efficiently plan networks using multiple data sources coupled with advanced analytics.
- Experience using analytical tools (excel, tableau, statistical, visualization, GIS / mapping).
- Comfort working with big data analytics, scripting language, or other industry standard tools.
- BA/BS or higher degree with emphasis in analytics, statistics, economics or equivalent degree/experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience speaking to both technical and business audiences. Comfortable interacting with the full spectrum of partner resources from field to C-suite.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time. International travel is required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top