Infrastructure Business Operations Support (IBOS) Central Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced supply chain and logistics professional for the IBOS Central Manager Position. IBOS has the mission to help key FB stakeholders to get the right item to the right place at the right time, ensuring financial compliance and operational excellence. IBOS is a service organization, mainly supporting internal customers operating the Facebook infrastructure footprint, but with emerging customers outside that footprint as well. We work collaboratively with partners up and down the Facebook supply chain system and cross-functionally with Infrastructure partners as well. For each customer, we seek to support the careful management of material life cycles, from demand inception through reception, storage, distribution, operation, RMA, decommissioning and disposal. We do this to produce both consistent operational reliability and stellar financial accounting. This manager has several important responsibilities. First and foremost, this manager leads, directs, coaches, establishes strategic direction, and sets priorities for a team of experienced, skilled logistics professionals. This leader will guide the team as it develops, standardizes, scales, and improves the logistics plans, workflows, and tools needed to support the projected aggressive growth of the Facebook infrastructure. This infrastructure includes data centers, points-of-presence (POPs), integrators, warehouses, third-party vendors, and other discrete locations at which Facebook material must be received, accounted for, placed into operation, and eventually removed. This team analyzes requirements and develops means by which our stakeholders have the equipment they need—at the right time and place—to connect to our users. This is a fast-paced, dynamic environment that continually presents opportunities to produce solutions for a wide diversity of interesting and often complex challenges, to develop, align and drive project roadmaps, and to provide consistent, responsive service to our partners who count on it.
- Lead and manage a global team of talented and innovative members responsible for inventory management, asset management, services management, material distribution, and all associated systems and tools.
- Understand and produce solutions for stakeholders who require the ability to deploy, account for, and manage material throughout its life cycle throughout the globe.
- Understand the requirements of upstream and downstream stakeholders and collaborate with them to produce effective, end-to-end solutions in a procure-to-pay cycle.
- Understand the Facebook supply chain ecosystem and be able to identify and respond to the primary, secondary, and echoing effects of any proposed changes to that system.
- Develop consensus on the most important problems to be solved and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations for the solutions.
- Work cross-functionally to engage project partners and obtain the resources needed to develop, test, and deploy project outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or related business field along with 10+ years experience in business analysis/program management.
- Experienced manager and leader.
- Experience with inventory management, services management, asset management, distribution, reverse logistics and the related systems and tools that support them.
- Previous experience in a role that requires financial or business analytics and/or strategic thought.
- Experience executing on both tactical details and the big picture.
- Experience with inventory management software, such as Oracle or SAP, including leveraging these tools' capabilities for specific business purposes.
- Experienced communicator who can understand senior leader intent and translate to prioritized and well-executed processes in the field.
- Able to travel 10%
- Experience with procure-to-pay systems, data center operations, demand and supply planning, and compliance and controls.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top