Infrastructure Accounting Rebates Analyst
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a full-time Accounting Analyst to join the Infrastructure Accounting team in a position to help serve Facebook server commodity contracts and purchases. This individual will work very closely with Facebookâ€™s Sourcing business leaders on understanding and executing on requirements of accounting and finance operations needed to ensure rebates are accounted correctly. The ideal candidate will be able to work well with cross-functional teams to assist with making decisions, implement automation strategies, as well as being able to perform detailed tasks to run accounting operations for various Facebook Foundation projects. This position will be based in Menlo Park.
- Assist infrastructure accounting end-to-end processes for rebates for data center server builds as well as contract related efforts.
- Support the rebate automation, especially accounting and financial operations.
- Record compilation, month end close, reconciliation, result analytics, internal and external reporting as needed.
- Prepare manual journal entries and analysis in support of month end close for review by the management team.
- Perform account reconciliations, investigate and resolve reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Work closely with the accounting team and help develop additional desktop procedures based on training provided for future process additions or improvement.
- Participate in the review of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes and provide support for disclosures.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised.
- Stay up-to-date on SOX controls and assessments of controls as well as audits performed by business partners, internal auditors and external auditors in your area.
- Help with contract terms tracking, especially as it relates to external reporting and accounting needs.
- Assist in other duties as appropriate, e.g. data collection, compilation, reporting and process automation and presentation, etc.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 3+ years of financial statements auditing, financial accounting or similar experience
- Analytical experience, including experience in Excel
- Experience working with business partners and engineers to effect changes
- Big 4 audit experience
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Hyperion
- Experience with purchasing or supply chain, especially data center or server related
Back to top