Infrastructure Accounting Manager - Network
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a seasoned manager to join the Infrastructure Accounting team in a full-time position. The ideal candidate will be able to work well with cross-functional teams providing guidance and making decisions as well as being able to perform detailed analysis while managing a significant portion of Facebook's infrastructure investment on our balance sheet. This position will be based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Manage infrastructure accounting end to end processes for Facebook's Infrastructure investments related to Network area.
- Partner with Network sourcing team to understand fiber IRU and construction contracts in order to assess financial risks and impacts. Understand how to account for non-standard transactions properly and provide accounting guidance and insights.
- Work closely with financial planning and international finance teams to ensure compliance with the U.S. GAAP and internal policies through effective communications and globally coordinated execution. Also able to translate/apply GAAP/international policies into operational solutions.
- Research on accounting implications from changes in the subject areas, stay up to date on changes in industry trends and use to inform internal decisions.
- Review and potentially prepare accounting memos and update accounting policies in the subject areas.
- Responsible for reviewing close activities including subledger, accruals, reconciliations, result analytics, internal and external reporting.
- Monitor the compliance of capitalized assets with approved capitalization policies. Have a vision for updating policies and making sure they are keeping up with technological and operational changes.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised.
- Ensure full SOX compliance over controls under your area.
- Be a team lead to implement automation solutions in the subject areas including helping create a system road map that will allow the teams to scale our work. Own multiple balance sheet accounts and corresponding Oracle sub-ledger of varying level of complexity and materiality.
- Lead special projects and other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 10+ years of financial statements auditing, financial accounting or similar experience
- Analytical experience, including experience in Excel
- Experience working with business partners and engineers to effect changes
- Experience in optimizing or re-designing existing processes resulting from business needs
- Big 4 audit experience
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Hyperion
- Infrastructure Accounting experience in data center, fiber optic network, server life cycle or connectivity efforts
Back to top