Infrastructure Accounting Manager - Lease and Facilities
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a Manager to join the Facilities and Leasing Accounting Center of Excellence in a full-time position. The ideal candidate will have experience working with US GAAP accounting and reporting related to leases and fixed assets. The candidate needs to be able to work with cross-functional teams providing guidance and making decisions as well as being able to perform detailed analysis while managing a significant portion of Facebookâ€™s lease and facility-related asset investments on our balance sheet. This position will be based in our Austin, Texas office.
- Own the month end close, reconciliations, sub ledger reviews, result analytics, internal and external reporting deliverables related to leases and facilities.
- Coordinate the compilation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes deliverables related to subject area.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised.
- Stay up to date on SOX controls and assessments of those controls as well as audits performed by business partners, internal auditors and external auditors.
- Coordinate with international statutory accounting and tax teams to supply required transaction data for statutory and local tax filing needs.
- Research accounting implications of lease and facilitiesâ€™ transactions or changes in the subject areas, reach conclusions with adequate level of rationale and documentation for review and communicate and present the accounting conclusions to the team.
- Prepare accounting memos and update accounting policies in the subject areas.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners to understand the broader business objectives, develop processes jointly and provide accounting guidance and best practice recommendations to enable process changes.
- Work in close coordination with other key Finance organization partners in treasury, FP&A, internal audit, technical accounting and finance operations to optimize for common team goals including compliance with the U.S. GAAP and internal policies through effective communications and globally coordinated execution.
- Provide mentorship, coaching and guidance to team.
- Lead special projects and other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- 8+ years of financial statements auditing, financial accounting or similar experience
- Experience with compliance, internal controls over financial reporting, lease contract reviews, lease identification, classification, amendment/modification, facility asset life cycle accounting, recording, reporting, reconciliation and 10Q/K disclosure
- Experience with ASC842 Lease Accounting Standard implementation and research
- Experience managing a team
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Experience working with business partners to effect changes
- Experience in optimizing or re-designing existing processes resulting from business needs
- Big 4 audit experience and CPA
- Experience with IFRS
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Hyperion
- Experience in the Real Estate industry, e. g. construction and property leasing
- Telecommunications industry exposure, e. g. fiber optic network, colocation, peering arrangement
Back to top