Infrastructure Accounting Manager - Data Center
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a Manager to join the Infrastructure Accounting team in a full-time position. The ideal candidate will be able to work well with cross-functional teams providing guidance and making decisions as well as being able to perform detailed analysis while managing a significant portion of Facebookâ€™s infrastructure investment on our balance sheet. This position will be based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Manage infrastructure accounting end to end processes for Facebookâ€™s Infrastructure and Connectivity investments.
- Record compilation, month end close, reconciliation, result analytics, internal and external reporting.
- Own multiple balance sheet accounts and corresponding Oracle sub-ledger of varying level of complexity and materiality.
- Monitor the compliance of capitalized assets with approved capitalization policies.
- Participate in the review of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes and provide support for disclosures.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised.
- Prepare accounting memos and update accounting policies in the subject areas.
- Research on accounting implications from changes in the subject areas.
- Reach conclusions with adequate level of rationale and documentation for review and then communicate and present the accounting conclusions to the team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Infrastructure Business Partners in order to understand the broader business objectives, develop processes jointly and provide accounting guidance and best practice recommendations to enable process changes.
- Work closely with financial planning and international finance teams to ensure compliance with the U.S. GAAP and internal policies through effective communications and globally coordinated execution.
- Stay up to date on SOX controls and assessments of those controls as well as audits performed by business partners, internal auditors and external auditors.
- Understand how systems work together to drive improvements and automations where possible.
- Be a team lead to implement IT solutions in the subject areas.
- Lead special projects and other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of financial statements auditing, financial accounting or similar experience
- Analytical experience, including experience in Excel
- Experience working with business partners and engineers to effect changes
- Experience in optimizing or re-designing existing processes resulting from business needs
- Big 4 audit experience and CPA
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Hyperion
- Infrastructure Accounting experience in data center, fiber optic network, server life cycle or connectivity efforts
Back to top