Infrastructure Accounting Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking full time Accounting Analysts in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters to join the Infrastructure Accounting team. Although these positions are in Finance, this accounting team works daily with Infrastructure business partners who are working hard to support Facebook's 2 billion users. In this specific role, you will join a team to perform accounting transactions and processes across multiple areas of our infrastructure investment, from data centers to labs to real estate and more, to ensure compliance with the U.S. GAAP and internal policies. The successful candidate will play an integral role of ensuring accurate financial reporting and presentation and will be reporting to the Accounting Managers located in Menlo Park, CA office.
- Execute various financial transactions in Oracle sub and general ledgers.
- Prepare manual journal entries and analysis in support of month end close for review by the management team
- Perform account reconciliations, investigate and resolve reconciling items on a timely basis
- Draft various account analyses and reporting packages under the instructions and supervision of the accounting managers
- Monitor the compliance of capitalized assets with approved capitalization policies.
- Work closely with the accounting team and help develop additional desktop procedures based on training provided for future process additions or improvement
- Gain an understanding of the different focus areas of infrastructure investment including Facilities, Data Center, Fiber, Servers, Network and Storage and Infra Connectivity Programs and the associated accounting for each
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all pertinent Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") documentation and requirements.
- Help improve business processes and automate reporting to help the business scale for future growth.
- Assist in special projects and other duties as appropriate, e.g. data collection, compilation, reporting and process automation and presentation, etc.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 3+ years relevant experience in the accounting profession
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal control best practices
- Understands the "big picture"
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning, analytical, and presentation skills
- Ability to identify problematic areas and determine root cause
- Computer and analytical skills, including experience in Excel
- Big 4 audit experience
- Experience with Oracle Financials, SAP or ERP system
- Experience with Hyperion
- Understanding of Infrastructure/Fixed Assets Accounting
- Experience streamlining processes
- Business partnering experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top