Infrastructure Accounting Analyst
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a full-time Accounting Analyst at our Austin, TX Financial Operations Center to join the Infrastructure Accounting team. In this specific role, you will join a team to perform accounting transactions and processes across multiple areas of our infrastructure investment to ensure compliance with the U.S. GAAP and internal policies. The successful candidate will play an integral role of ensuring accurate financial reporting and presentation.
- Execute various financial transactions in Oracle sub and general ledgers
- Prepare manual and system automated journal entries and analysis in support of month end close for review by the management team
- Perform account reconciliations, investigate and resolve reconciling items on a timely basis
- Draft various account analyses and reporting package under the instructions and supervision of the accounting managers
- Monitor the compliance of capitalized assets with approved capitalization policies
- Work closely with the accounting team and help develop additional desktop procedures based on training provided for future process additions or improvement
- Gain an understanding of the different focus areas of infrastructure investment including Facilities, Data Center, Fiber, Servers, Network and Storage and Infra Connectivity Programs and the associated accounting for each
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all pertinent Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") documentation and requirements
- Help improve business processes and automate reporting to help the business scale for future growth
- Assist in special projects and other duties as appropriate, e.g. data collection, compilation, reporting and process automation and presentation, etc.
- Assist with the adoption of ASC 842 which includes a complex project that will substantially impact the organization
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in accounting
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal control best practices
- Planning, analytical, and presentation experience
- Computer, analytical and Excel experience
- Big 4 audit experience
- Experience with Oracle Financials, SAP or ERP system
- Experience with Hyperion
- Experience streamlining processes
- Cross-functional business partner experience
- Experience in lease accounting and applying ASC 840
- Understanding of the new lease accounting standard, ASC 842
- Understanding of how to review lease agreements (Facility/DC/Fiber/Colocation/Equipment)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top