Information Security Technical Writer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
As a Technical Writer on the Information Security team, you will collaborate with engineers to write, edit, and maintain internal documentation. You will do hands-on research and work with subject matter experts to translate content into clear documentation. In addition, you will do project management for documentation requests and develop security-related training. We will encourage you be creative and to invent new ways to convey complex information.
- Design, write, and edit technical and process documentation.
- Create and curate documentation and training for security knowledge, technologies and tools.
- Work closely with engineering and education teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you develop.
- Work with engineers to write white papers and collaborate with external Security and Research communities.
- Help ensure engineers have the security and privacy engineering information they need.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Technical Writing, Physics, English or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or research outreach.
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing.
- Experience producing and organizing content with a logical flow.
- Experience with web authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines and setting priorities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top