Information Security Engineer - Manufacturing
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook Security is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Engineer to drive corporate security working with the latest technologies to ensure that the data, devices and user experiences that we are trusted to protect are secured to the highest standards within our manufacturing environments. This is a high impact role working alongside some of the best security people in the world to design, build and support the infrastructure and services that allow Facebook to move fast, securely and at scale within a company where big ideas and radical new approaches are encouraged. The ideal candidate will share our passion for designing and driving to closure efficient solutions to complex security problems, while minimizing employee friction and maximizing productivity.
- Assess, build and implement tools and automation to proactively detect, and respond to, security risks and threats for internal corporate services
- Conduct regular security assessments for core internal corporate services ranging from physical security systems to complex web applications
- Apply holistic solutions that fix security issues and mitigate security risks based on the interpretation of information from multiple sources and large data sets (data analytics)
- Develop and drive the adoption of centralized security policies, data handling standards and successfully draw from existing security programs, proactively mitigating relevant security risks with a focus on the protection of our employees, corporate assets and infrastructure
- Provide security guidance as a subject matter expert for a constant stream of new products, internal projects, policies, access tools and technologies
- Manage the Information Security aspects of design, setup and maintenance of Facebook offices and manufacturing sites, working closely with internal XFN partners to ensure that the most current security best practices are in place on day 1.
- Define and own metrics for key performance indicators to determine the effectiveness of the corporate security programs at scale
- Positively collaborate across the company with a variety of internal partner teams to raise awareness and understanding of the Manufacturing Security roadmap while sharing your passion for security!
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7 years of related technical security experience
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with expert level knowledge of UNIX, Windows or OS X
- Strong, well-rounded background in host, network and application security
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and network services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc
- Experience working with firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Experience with applied cryptography including PKI, SSL, and key management
- Expertise with an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive a Plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, willingness to work with teams and functions across time zones
Back to top