Industry Manager, eCommerce
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced sales and marketing leader with demonstrated success managing established and emerging business categories. The Industry Manager will lead the Facebook monetization strategy for one of our largest eCommerce businesses in the US. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable solutions for their clients and their teams. They will build and manage a strategically focused/consultative sales team, selling Facebook's advertising solutions to advertisers. We are looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated success, dealing with ambiguity, successfully manage teams and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
Ideal candidates will have management experience in a sales environment as well as extensive experience selling cross-network online marketing solutions such as integrated sponsorships and display advertising within the eCommerce/Direct Response industry.
This role will be based out of our Seattle, WA office.
- Play the lead role in developing the holistic business of an eCommerce sub-vertical
- Work cross-functionally with In-Market teams, Global Regions, Business Operations, Platform, Measurement/Metrics, and Product Marketing to optimize our client efforts
- Consult with Product Marketing to help shape product development in support of client needs
- Guide the creation of presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Facebook to clients for both B2C and B2B marketing
- Identify the strategies and scale the insights throughout the vertical
- Increase the effectiveness of the team by recognizing opportunities for new approaches
- Develop and implement best practices for client interaction, sales and services for Facebook, including an understanding of working with advertisers and agencies
- Build, train and maintain a team
- 10+ years marketing, sales, or strategic consulting experience
- 5+ years of digital media experience
- 5+ years of leadership/management experience with the experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience using advertising data to craft media strategy
- Experience driving revenue growth with emerging opportunities and established partnerships
- Knowledge with advertising technology and data/performance measurement trends
- Experience building Direct Response advertising campaigns
- Storyteller with experience communicating the benefit of marketing opportunities to clients
- Communication and presentation experience with an emphasis on translating insights, product information, and data in to client value
- Experience forging relationships and influencing marketing decision makers at organizations
- Experience as a leader of change by introducing new performance measures, processes and systems
- Facebook user and knowledge of the media landscape, reseller channels and vertical markets
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top