Industrial Designer (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As an experienced industrial designer at Oculus, you’ll help create and design the next-generation of consumer virtual reality hardware. You’ll be an expert in consumer product design, a champion of user experience, a defender of brand identity as you drive projects from concept through completion. We’re looking for someone that can help bring new ideas to life through top-notch visualization and communication skills. You will contribute a superb sense of aesthetics, surfacing, ergonomics, and usability as you collaborate with skilled experts to create incredible, first-of-their-kind products. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing, manufacturing, and shipping consumer products, plus experience leading design projects.
- You’ll design products that define an emerging category, and help establish Oculus as the premier virtual reality consumer brand.
- You’ll help create the visual language of our brand and the physical nature of our products.
- You’ll connect our brand to people, representing user-centric thinking and excellent aesthetic sensibility as you tackle tough design challenges.
- Translate brand identity attributes, contextual imagery, and other visual ideas into functional, beautiful, brand-targeted product designs.
- Lead design projects with internal and external resources.
- Contribute elegant, effective ways to address ergonomic and mechanical challenges.
- A bachelor’s degree in industrial design or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as an industrial engineer developing consumer electronics
- 2+ years experience leading design projects and directing development activities
- Sketching skills and prototyping process
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling in Solidworks or ProE
- Ability to thrive in a work environment
- Communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top