Industrial Designer, Facebook Reality Labs
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Reality Labs team is shaping the future of consumer electronics in the emerging Augmented and Virtual Reality industries and the game-changing Portal products. As an Industrial Designer in the Reality Labs team, you will help bring next generation hardware and experiences to life. You bring strategic problem solving and industry leading hands-on design skills to create delightful, holistically considered products. You have experience designing and shipping consumer products and are comfortable working collaboratively with cross-discipline teams.
- Design category-defining products, helping Oculus/Portal/Facebook change the world through design.
- Help create the visual and physical language of our brand thru the design of our hardware.
- Utilize user-centric thinking and good aesthetic sensibility to align our brand to customer needs.
- Work collaboratively with multiple cross-functional teams on complex technical programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Conceive elegant, effective ways to address ergonomic and mechanical challenges.
- Key contributor of concepts and problem solving across multiple projects.
- A Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience as an Industrial Designer, developing consumer electronics or wearable tech products.
- Experience exploring and refining ideas through prototyping.
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling.
- Experience solving problems in a collaborative team environment.
Back to top