Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses.
Building 8 seeks an Industrial Designer who will work closely with The Product Launch Team for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Will encompass a wide spectrum of activities ranging from systemic upfront Strategic Design Planning to detailed Production Design.
- Human centered in nature, this role will include user research, trend mapping, product definition, and positioning.
- It will also encompass design specific activities such as inspiration, iterative concept generation, and detailed design execution through a deep understanding of user behaviors, market, manufacturing, and technology constraints.
- Candidates for this role will reflect excellence in aesthetic and functional sensibilities while simultaneously addressing the various challenges presented throughout the product development process.
- This role will be highly hands-on, creative, and collaborative across user research, user interaction, marketing, brand, and engineering activities.
- To succeed in this role candidates will exercise the ability to think both strategically and tactically using the design tools necessary to create, communicate and execute meaningful products.
- Bachelorâ€™s or Masterâ€™s degree in industrial design or related field.
- 5+ years of experience as an industrial designer developing consumer electronics and related products.
- 3+ years of experience leading design projects and directing development activities.
- Experience with sketching and working within iterative prototyping processes.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling and rendering tools.
- Experience with problem solving and collaboration.
Back to top