Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As an experienced Industrial Designer at Oculus, you'll help create and design the next-generation of consumer virtual reality hardware. You'll be an expert in consumer product design, a champion of user experience, a defender of brand identity as you drive projects from concept through completion. We're looking for someone that can help bring new ideas to life through top-notch visualization and communication skills. You will contribute a superb sense of aesthetics, surfacing, ergonomics, and usability as you collaborate with skilled experts to create incredible, first-of-their-kind products. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing, manufacturing, and shipping consumer products, plus experience leading design projects.
- You'll design products that define an emerging category, and help establish Oculus as the premier virtual reality consumer brand.
- You'll help create the visual language of our brand and the physical nature of our products.
- You'll connect our brand to people, representing user-centric thinking and excellent aesthetic sensibility as you tackle tough design challenges.
- Translate brand identity attributes, contextual imagery, and other visual ideas into functional, beautiful, brand-targeted product designs.
- Lead design projects with internal and external resources.
- Contribute elegant, effective ways to address ergonomic and mechanical challenges.
- A Bachelor's Degree in industrial design or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as an industrial engineer developing consumer electronics
- 2+ years experience leading design projects and directing development activities
- Sketching skills and prototyping process
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top