Industrial Design Architect
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's AR/VR team is shaping the future of consumer electronics in the emerging Augmented and Virtual Reality industries and the game-changing Portal line. As an Industrial Design Architect on the AR/VR team, you will help design and develop this next generation of products.
From invisible mechanisms to seamless parts, you will work tireless with the design team to create products as amazing as the experiences they enable. A deep mechanical aptitude and a high degree of manufacturing expertise will allow you to take things from "crazy idea" to "plan of record". You will need to move quickly between high-level experience concepts and detailed, functional prototypes that will inform the product decisions, and help our teams make the impossible, possible.
- Help design and develop products that define emerging categories of CE
- Drive rapid design iteration, exploration, and evolution to deliver elegant, simple product solutions
- Help push the state of the art of physical technology integration
- Feasibility work on innovative design directions
- Collaborate with the design team create and prototype integrated mechanical/design solutions
- Create and refine effective ways to address complex ergonomic challenges
- Bring a creative and pragmatic mindset to challenging problems help create simple intuitive products
- Tackle projects with internal and external partners
- Ability to travel internationally
- A bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing consumer electronics
- 2+ years of experience leading design projects and directing development activities
- Experienced at creating high-fidelity mockups and rapid prototyping
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling at the detail and assembly level in SolidWorks, Pro E, or NX
- Experience working collaboratively with both ID and ME teams
- Communication, problem solving, and collaboration experience
Back to top