Indirect Tax Manager, APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Indirect Tax Manager to join its tax team to manage the indirect tax function in APAC region. The position will be based in Singapore and will collaborate and work closely with members of US and international tax teams, international and regional accounting and other Finance functions.
- Work closely with tax team to ensure integration with various business functions, bring awareness to the business and support new business initiatives in the region
- Responsible for indirect tax compliance, work closely with local finance teams and manage compliance outsource service providers, provide oversight for tax compliance across the region
- Responsible for tax audit and controversy matters in the region
- Monitor developments of VAT and GST policies in the region, work with internal policy team and external advisors supporting tax policy initiatives
- Analyze current and proposed tax policy changes, evaluate impacts, develop and execute plans accordingly
- Work with finance team to implement and improve end-to-end indirect tax process and procedures to mitigate risks
- Provide day-to-day operational guidance and support to cross-functional finance and business teams inquiries
- 10 + yrs of working experience in related field is required
- Degree in law, accounting, or economics and post-graduate in tax or similar is required
- Prior experience with regional indirect tax responsibilities for a large multinational company is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate indirect tax matters succinctly to management
- Entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on and a self-motivated personality
- Good analytical skills, flexible, creative and results oriented
- Enjoys and thrives working with and in a cross-functional team
- Some international travels are required
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top