Incident Response Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Security team is looking for an Incident Response Engineer with extensive experience in identifying, scoping, containing and eradicating real-world threats. We advance Facebook’s mission of making the world more open and connected by identifying and neutralizing threats that aim to collect sensitive information or disrupt our infrastructure. Candidates are expected to translate their skills into goal oriented projects that improve identification and response time and reduce functional or informational impact when an incident occurs. Those with a desire to just wait for an incident to occur or to ‘shoot from the hip’ need not apply.
- Further develop our incident response program
- Respond to compromised assets (phones, laptops, servers, …) in our Corporate and Production environments around the world
- Identify and execute on projects that improve our intrusion detection and incident response capabilities
- Perform research to identify new ways of achieving our mission, with an emphasis on open-sourcing tools or process wherever possible
- Understand and honor best practices while avoiding unnecessary process
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, scoping, containing and eradicating real-world threats
- Intimate knowledge of incident response phases and concepts
- 3+ Years experience in developing, responding and analyzing technical security incident response for infrastructure
- 2+ Years Experience in developing intrusion detection techniques with products like Bro, Suricata and SNORT Tools
- 3+ Years experience with networking and linux
- Experience with scripting and coding. Open source projects or commits are a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top