Imaging Pipeline Scientist (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
We are seeking a talented scientist with a background in rendering and image processing to drive the development of image capture and rendering techniques for VR, AR, and Mixed Reality headsets. As an Imaging Pipeline Scientist, you will be working closely with our researchers across Oculus to enable high fidelity rendering algorithm and low compute imaging pipeline. To satisfy the demanding needs of human vision, you are expected to solve a range of technical challenges in the areas of real-time image processing, modeling of a human visual system and machine learning for high throughput imaging pipeline.
- Design core imaging components for advancing Oculus virtual reality ecosystem
- Build tools and simulations to enable product advancements and efficiency-gains across both software and hardware
- Develop necessary algorithms to deliver high-quality display imaging pipeline on mobile platform
- Innovate, optimize and integrate system resources related to display pipeline, image processing, and machine learning
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience in developing imaging pipelines for displays and/or cameras
- C++ or equivalent programming experience
- Experience in image enhancement algorithms including local tone mapping, anti-aliasing techniques, and BRDF estimation
- Experience with compression techniques including HEVC, JPEG or inline compression including DSC
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Experienced in 3D Graphics and OpenGL ES
- Experienced in display technologies
- Experience with human vision science
- Experienced in signal processing techniques for image reconstruction and decoding techniques
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top