Image Quality Test Manager, FRL
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The Reality Labs Technology Engineering team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs in core technology and delivering them to market at scale. The Technology Engineering Camera Team seeks an Image Quality Testing Manager who has extended experience in leading imaging quality testing for consumer electronics.
- Lead creation & execution of photographic image/video quality test strategy for novel consumer electronics products.
- Lead efforts to set up subjective and objective image quality standards for various AR/VR product lines.
- Lead objective & subjective image quality test plan and test management system development according to various products needs.
- Lead image/video quality automated regression testing infrastructure development and regression testing metrics.
- Implement and manage image/video quality bug tracking systems, triage and debug image quality related problems during development cycles.
- Manage and lead third party vendor photographic image/video test efforts when needed.
- Manage Lab setup and test equipment for objective and subjective IQ tests.
- Heavy involvement in the product realization and bring-up.
- Bachelor in Photography, Film, Fine arts, Journalism, Imaging Science, Color Science, Psychology, or related fields.
- More than 5 years' experience in photography/videography related image/video quality tests.
- Communication skills, Experience leading cross functional IQ test result discussion effectively.
- Proven management experience in image quality testing.
- In-depth knowledge of digital imaging system working principles and best practices.
- Proven understanding of image quality fundamentals and their system drivers.
- In-depth knowledge of best practice in image/video quality tests.
- In-depth knowledge of image quality metrics and corresponding evaluation methods.
- Experience in implementing and debugging image quality testing equipment.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
- Dedication to advance the imaging user experience in consumer products.
- BSEE or BSCS in related field
- Familiar with industry image quality test protocols and standards in the market
- General understanding of overall systems interactions in the image pipeline
- Deep care of final user experience regards to photography and videography features
- Working knowledge across the following areas with detailed experience in at least one:
- Photography, videography
- Imaging lab design and setup
- SW QA process
- Camera HW quality validation
- General understanding of camera ISP and computation photography features
Back to top