Image Quality & Optical Test Engineer
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As the Optical Test Engineer, you will be part of the System Integration and Test team supporting all phases of the AR Product development process. You will own the optical quality and performance test lab and the development and maintenance of relevant software and hardware setup and tools.
You will apply rigor in image quality and optical performance testing and generate analysis and reports to guide the AR/VR development process. You will be detail oriented, hands-on and continuously push for high standards from yourself and the rest of the team.
- Establish and maintain all image quality and system performance specifications and test procedures.
- Develop test stations and accompanying software infrastructure for AR/VR products.
- Troubleshoot and debug test systems and automation solutions from a software and hardware perspective in full autonomy.
- Identify and root cause image quality and performance issues.
- Scope, schedule and organize, and perform testing in a timely manner and deliver robust test results to support development and evaluation.
- Participate in systems test design and development.
- Support imaging systems and sensors manufacturing and deployment at scale.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in imaging science, optical science, physics or equivalent experience.
- Experience with digital imaging systems and optical performance evaluation.
- 4+ years of experience working on image quality evaluation and management for imaging sensors, digital cameras or other imaging systems.
- Experience with designing and implementing image quality test protocols, performing data analysis and generating reports.
- Experience with programming in Python, C++ or other equivalent programming languages.
- Experience with imaging testing lab management and test setup design and implementation.
- Experience in CMOS image sensor technologies and evaluation.
- Experience in optical components performance testing and evaluation.
- Experience in computer vision metrics and techniques.
- Experience designing and executing development projects with a design of experiment approach (DOE) to service, troubleshoot, and solve engineering problems.
- Experience developing test stations for multi camera systems.
- Experience developing hardware test solutions utilizing robotics/precision motion system design and programming with both internal and third-party.
- Experience in advanced mathematics such as multi-dimensional transformations.
Back to top