Illustrator - Brand
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The In-Product Brand team is responsible for developing and evolving a consistent visual language across all surfaces where users hear from Facebook. We believe illustration can be a magical way to communicate complex ideas and create a conversation with the 2 billion people who use Facebook everyday. This is an opportunity to be part of a team driving the creative content and new visual language that defines characteristics of Facebook's brand personalityWe are looking for a passionate, upbeat illustrator to join the team with a background in editorial illustration and graphic design. You should be comfortable working across many digital platforms with multiple teams, and always be curious and eager to experiment. Please consider this opportunity if you are a conceptual thinker, visual storyteller, and detail-oriented designer who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. Your job will be to generate ideas and create illustrations that will deliver engaging stories on desktop, mobile and beyond. You'll work directly with Creative Director, art director and content strategist to drive brand sentiment and meaningful experiences.This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Executing on brand illustrations and animations across all surfaces where Facebook is found
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with a small team including art directors and content strategist to fully realize final artwork
- Produce strong conceptual and expressive illustrations that are engaging and reflect a cohesive brand illustration aesthetic
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
- 3+ years of experience working professionally as an illustrator, with skills in two or more disciplines: graphic design, 2D animation or brand design
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work to be considered for this role (include link on your resume)
- Portfolio exhibits conceptual ability, and understanding of composition and color
- Experience building brand and visual systems
- Experience working on digital products
- Experience with visual storytelling including editorial illustration
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top