IDC Marketing & Events Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As the Infra Data Centers (IDC) organization grows, we require an increased focus to connect our diverse teams and to re-enforce the cultural attributes essential to the organization's ability to effectively scale. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering and further developing a comprehensive branding and events roadmap for our global organization. This position will be located in Menlo Park, CA with national and international travel possible.
- Responsible for leading and implementing events across IDC teams, ensuring consistency in branding and messaging globally
- Drive the strategic planning and creative development of IDC's branding and events initiatives globally, developing and managing a master roadmap with timelines for delivery
- Lead planning, promotional activities, and delivery of all IDC events from start to finish, coordinating all operations according to requirements, target audience, and objectives
- Manage the IDC branding and events budget and calendar, communications, as well as logistics and execution including venues, contracts, signage, swag, etc.
- Evaluate event performance, including return on investment tracking, delivering feedback, and providing debrief/post-event reports and analysis to IDC leadership and stakeholders
- Propose creative suggestions to uplift and improve existing IDC branding and events
- Partner with IDC leadership, team members, and stakeholders to identify and develop additional branding and events opportunities
- Promote the IDC brand and core values with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with IDC leadership and stakeholders to drive the design and development of IDC branding artifacts and materials, ensuring alignment with IDC goals and overall Facebook guidelines
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- 4+ years of experience in event management or related field such as planning, business, marketing, communications or public relations
- Experience in building relationships and collaboration within a global, cross-functional team in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Experience in negotiation, problem-solving, organizational, and time management
- Communication experience at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- Resourceful, proactive, and action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, learn new skillsets, and be able to create a solid understanding of operational challenges without having domain expertise
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top