HR Systems Project Manager (Headcount Management)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Global People Operations team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to create People-related strategies across the business. We manage people knowledge and build project management capability across our company. Our work also ensures Facebook remains protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need during the most important moments during their careers.The People Operations Programs team builds, deploys, and runs easy to use people experience Programs that help Employees do their jobs by providing them the Resources, Knowledge, and Support Systems to create impact quickly. Within the Programs team, the HRIS team enables this mission by gathering & defining business needs and translating them into system requirements, facilitating system enhancements, updates and issues to resolution, and driving systematic process improvement efforts across HR.The individual in this role will need to have an understanding of Finance and Technical requirements associated with Position and Headcount Management tools in large enterprises, and will focus as the Product Owner to define, build and deploy the tool to all Facebook stakeholders
- As a Business Product Owner, partner with a cross-functional group (e.g. Recruiting, Finance, People Operations) to drive the scoping, development and evolution of a Position / Headcount Management Tool to integrate with Workday and allow teams to understand headcount needs, facilitate headcount transactions, and view their current headcount makeup
- Research current solutions and in-house tools currently in place to find a common solution, diagnose ways to collaborate between tools
- Develop an adoption, communications, and change management strategy for roll-out and ongoing changes to the tool
- Develop and implement a support structure and recommendations for tool management and ongoing strategy (e.g. data integrity, usability, etc.)
- Manage and communicate frequently with stakeholders, creating alignment across many different business partners
- Communicate needs to engineers and re-prioritize and re-align frequently to ensure the right features are built to meet the customer needs
- Leverage best practices from industry in influencing and driving headcount management strategy.
- Make recommendations on program changes and conduct cost/benefit analysis of potential improvements.
- Primary interface between departments (Recruiting, HRBPs, Sales Ops, Mission Controls, Tech / Engineering, & Finance).
- Experience in building and driving strategy for headcount/position management tools
- Experience working with multiple stakeholder groups to implement tool/system changes
- Communication skills and change management skills specific to a new tool implementation
- Project management and process improvement background.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and lead multiple projects simultaneously involving various groups / locations / vendors.
- Organization skills and be detail oriented.
- PMP and Six Sigma certification.
- Previous product management experience or experience in an HRIS role
- Experience with implementing headcount tracking processes and systems and Workday.
- Experience working with both engineering and end-user groups to identify, prioritize and scope tool requirements.
- A systems mindset - has the ability to think through end-to-end solutions to improve the processes.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top