HR Business Partner, Oculus
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced and energetic HR Business Partner to support Oculus in the delivery of organizational development solutions. The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to further develop an amazing and innovative Oculus culture and organization as it scales. This is a full-time role located in our Menlo Park office.
- Support the HR needs for Oculus on a day-to-day basis. Be the first point of contact for Oculus employees and help them navigate the Facebook resources
- Responsible for building relationships with leaders to implement strategies that meet the development objectives of Oculus and provide a perspective on plans from an HR POV
- Serve as primary contact for client groups across Engineering, Product & Design to assist employees in finding solutions and resolving issues
- Partner with EMEA and APAC HR leaders as well as other cross-functional teams across L&D, Compensation, and Benefits on communications and best practices
- Provide strategic business partnership to executives: provide executive coaching to leaders, focus on performance management, leadership development, and conflict management
- Develop HR/people oriented programs to positively impact change management
- Assess employee development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts
- 10+ years of HR experience in media, high-tech or a related industry, particularly in an engineering led culture
- 5+ years of experience as a HR Business Partner or equivalent
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated project management/change management skills
- Experience operating in a matrix and constantly changing environment
- Communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership skills
- Consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- BA/BS degree with emphasis in HR or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the technology or Internet business
- Experience helping global organizations scale
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top