Head of Workforce Planning
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
The Head of Workforce Planning role will focus on leading the long-term forecasting, hire plan, outsource billing reconciliation, site location strategy, and project analysis/impact for community operations, a multi- thousand headcount operation spread across a broad global footprint. You will partner closely with a variety of teams including Operations, Workforce Management, Recruiting, Finance, Data & Analytics teams to create, analyze, and inform the strategic long-term operational plan with insights and trends and prepare impactful analyses for senior executive consumption to inform key business decisions.
- Build optimal long-term staffing plan for community operations by balancing between Community Experience, Employee Experience, Operational Flexibility, and Cost Effectiveness
- Establish and own end-to-end detailed tracking and control processes for headcount, capacity, billing reconciliation and budget management across complex global operations
- Provide leadership to collect, consolidate, and analyze operational data, including preparing internal reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, and explaining forecast vs. actual variances
- Prepare and deliver periodic exec-level updates on status, insights and trends to help inform and guide critical business decisions
- Lead and enable a lean high-performing team of specialists, providing mentorship, guidance and career development
- Partner closely with multiple cross-functional teams to understand capacity, headcount, location strategy, ops performance, volumes, arrival patterns, handling times, budget allocation vs. spend etc.
- Support the sizing and scoping of new investments and provide analytical support to internal teams for initiatives and special projects as needed, such as launches of new products/ workflows
- Review data to help in identification of flow/ system deficiencies and work with internal process owners to streamline for continuous improvement
- Mitigate capacity risks and provide capacity levers by managing dependencies across multiple operating units and sites. Clearly communicate opportunities and site strategies
- Develop and implement comprehensive and consistent strategies, tools, and processes related to workforce planning, workload forecasting, capacity & attrition management
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 + years of FP&A, Capacity Planning, Strategy, Finance or WFM experience with minimum of 5 years of experience in leading a team
- Experience in capacity planning, long-term forecasting and workload distribution
- Ability to develop frameworks and solutions to high-level questions and concepts
- Project/program management, process development, influencing and consulting skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to mentor and coach both your team and the organization
- Experience in Excel and PowerPoint
- Communication, partnership and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms keeping diverse audience in mind to drive results
- Graduate in Math, Statistics, Finance, or Economics or other demonstrated expertise in a quantitative field
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience in an operations context
- Experience in Tableau and SQL
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top